Features and Benefits- IP30-rated housing
- Versatile socket operation modes, including TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP
- Patented ADDC (automatic data direction control) for 2-wire and 4-wire RS485
- Cascading Ethernet ports for easy wiring (applies only to RJ45 connectors)
- Redundant DC power inputs
- Warning by relay output and e-mail
- 10/100BaseTX (RJ45) or 100BaseFX (single mode or multimode with SC connector)
IntroductionMoxa NPort IA device servers provide easy and reliable serial-to-Ethernet connectivity for industrial automation applications. The device servers can connect any serial device to an Ethernet network, and to ensure compatibility with network software, they support a variety of port operation modes, including TCP Server, TCP Client and UDP. The rock-solid reliability of the NPort IA device servers makes them an ideal choice for establishing network access to RS232/RS422/RS485 serial devices such as PLCs, sensors, meters, motors, drives, barcode readers and operator displays. All models are housed in a compact, rugged IP30-rated housing that is DIN-rail mountable.