Features and Benefits
- ARMv7 Cortex-A8 1000 MHz processor
- Dual auto-sensing 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports
- SD socket for storage expansion
- Programmable LEDs and a programmable button for easy installation and maintenance
- Mini PCIe socket for cellular module
- Debian ARM 7 open platform
- Wide temperature range -40 to 70C with LTE enabled
Moxa UC-8100-ME-T series is a 4G LTE-enabled edge- computing solution designed for IIoT applications. UC-8100-ME-T is built around an ARM Cortex A8 1 GHz processor and comes with two RS-232/422/485 serial ports and dual 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN ports. A mini PCIe socket is available to support 3G/4G LTE cellular modules.
Since many legacy industrial protocols are not compatible with IoT technologies, data transfer from edge devices to a cloud database is often a drain on engineering resources. An optional software tool that comes with the UC-8100-ME-T series is Moxa’s ThingsPro™. ThingsPro is an integrated data-acquisition and device-management software suite, which includes generic Modbus protocol support, as well as the IoT communication protocol MQTT, making it easy to transfer field data to a remote database in a few simple steps
With versatile interface options, this compact embedded computer is a reliable and secure gateway for data acquisition and processing at field sites. It is also an excellent communication platform for large-scale deployments.