- IPv6 Ready logo awarded (IPv6 Logo Committee certified)
- Turbo Ring (recovery time < 20 ms at full load) and RSTP/STP (IEEE 802.1w/D)
- IGMP Snooping and GMRP for filtering multicast traffic
- Port-based VLAN, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN and GVRP to ease network planning
- QoS-IEEE 802.1p/1Q and TOS/DiffServ to increase determinism
- Port Trunking for optimum bandwidth utilization
- IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS and SSH to enhance network security
- SNMPv1/v2c/v3 for different levels of network management
- Bandwidth management prevents unpredictable network status
- Lock port function for blocking unauthorized access based on MAC address
- Port mirroring for online debugging
- Automatic warning through e-mail and relay output
- Digital inputs to integrate sensors and alarms with IP networks
- ABC-01 (Automatic Backup Configurator) for system configuration backup
The EDS-G509 Series is equipped with 9 Gigabit Ethernet ports and up to 5 fiber-optic ports, making it ideal for upgrading an existing network to Gigabit speed or building a new full Gigabit backbone. Gigabit transmission increases bandwidth for higher performance and transfers large amounts of video, voice, and data across a network quickly.
Redundant Ethernet technologies Turbo Ring, Turbo Chain, RSTP/STP, and MSTP increase system reliability and the availability of your network backbone. The EDS-G509 Series is designed especially for communication demanding applications, such as video and process monitoring, shipbuilding, ITS, and DCS systems, all of which can benefit from a scalable backbone construction.