- IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 (power substations) and EN 50121-4 (railway applications) compliant
- Complies with a portion of EN 50155 specifications
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 20 ms @ 250 switches), RSTP/STP, and MSTP for network redundancy
- Up to 12 ports with M12 connectors
- Isolated redundant power inputs with universal 24 VDC, 48 VDC, or 110/220 VDC/VAC power supply range
- Supports multicast routing protocols PIM-DM and DVMRP
- -40 to 85°C operating temperature range
The PT-7828 switches are high-performance Layer 3 Ethernet switches that support Layer 3 routing functionality to facilitate the deployment of applications across networks. The PT-7828 switches are also designed to meet the strict demands of power substation automation systems (IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613), and railway applications (EN 50121-4). The PT-7828 Series also features critical packet prioritization (GOOSE, SMVs, and PTP).
The PT-7828’s Gigabit and Fast Ethernet backbone, redundant ring, and 24 VDC, 48 VDC, or 110/220 VDC/VAC dual isolated redundant power supplies increase the reliability of your communications and save on cabling and wiring costs. The modular design of the PT-7828 makes network planning easy, and allows greater flexibility by letting you install up to 4 Gigabit ports and 24 Fast Ethernet ports. Optional front or rear wiring makes the PT-7828 switches suitable for a variety of applications.