- Up to 4 Gigabit ports with PoE function
- Isolated power with 24 to 110 VDC power supply range
- 2 Gigabit fiber ports with embedded multi-mode Q-ODC® interface on fiber models
- 2 Gigabit ports with bypass relay function on bypass models
- Complies with all EN 50155 mandatory test items
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature range
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 20 ms @ 250 switches), and STP/RSTP/MSTP for network redundancy
- Up to 20 IEEE 802.3at/af compliant combo PoE and Ethernet ports
- Provides up to 30 W per PoE port
The ToughNet TN-4500A Series M12 managed Ethernet switches are designed for railway applications, including rolling stock and wayside installations. The switches use M12 and other circular connectors to ensure tight, robust connections, and guarantee reliable operation in industrial environments where vibration and shock are commonplace. The TN-4500A Series Ethernet switches provide 12 or 24 fast Ethernet M12 ports with or without IEEE 802.3at/af compliant PoE functionality, and the Gigabit models have 4 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces with PoE and optional bypass relay functionality. In addition, the fiber models provide 2 Gigabit fiber interface ports with an embedded 2 km multimode fiber transceiver. The PoE switches are classified as power source equipment (PSE).
The switches provide up to 30 watts of power per port, and can be used to power IEEE 802.3at/af compliant powered devices (PDs), such as IP cameras, wireless access points, and IP phones. The 24 to 110 VDC wide power input range and isolated dual power inputs not only allow you to use the same type of power source at different sites around the globe, but also increase the reliability of your communications system. Furthermore, the -40 to 75°C operating temperature range of the switches ensures they can withstand deployment in harsh environments. TN-4500A Series Ethernet switches are compliant with the mandatory sections of EN 50155, covering operating temperature, power input voltage, surge, ESD, and vibration, as well as conformal coating and power insulation, making the switches suitable for a variety of industrial applications.