- 4 10G ports and 12 Gigabit ports with push-pull M12 connectors
- Isolated power with 24 to 110 VDC power supply range
- Complies with all EN 50155 mandatory test items
- -40 to 70°C operating temperature range
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 50 ms @ 250 switches), and RSTP/STP for network redundancy
- 12 IEEE 802.3at/af compliant PoE and Ethernet combo ports
- Provides up to 30 W per PoE port
The ToughNet TN-G4500 Series M12 managed Ethernet switches are designed for railway applications, including rolling stock and wayside installations. These switches are equipped with M12 and similar circular connectors to ensure tight, robust connections, and guarantee reliable operation in industrial environments where vibrations and shock are commonplace. The TN-G4500 Series Ethernet switches provide 4 10G Ethernet M12 ports with PoE functionality, 16 Gigabit Ethernet M12 ports, and 8 ports with PoE functionality. These PoE switches are classified as power source equipment (PSE), capable of providing up to 30 watts of power per port to IEEE 802.3at/af-compliant powered devices (PDs), such as IP cameras and wireless access points.
The TN-G4500 Series has M12 connectors that are tailor-made for push-pull cables to facilitate quick installation and allow M12 rotary cables to be utilized. The 24 to 110 VDC wide power input range and isolated dual power inputs not only allow you to use the same type of power source at different sites around the globe, but also increase the reliability of your communications system. Furthermore, the -40 to 70°C wide operating temperature range allows deployment in harsh environments. The TN-G4500 Series complies with the essential sections of the EN 50155 standard, covering operating temperature, power input voltage, surge, ESD, vibration, power isolation, and features models with conformal coating to ensure suitability for a variety of industrial applications.