- 12 Gigabit ports with push-pull M12 connectors
- Isolated power with 24 to 110 VDC power supply range
- Complies with all EN 50155 mandatory test items
- -40 to 70°C operating temperature range
- IP67-rated housing protection
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 50 ms @ 250 switches), and RSTP/STP for network redundancy
- 8 IEEE 802.3at/af compliant PoE and Ethernet combo ports
- Provides up to 30 W per PoE port
The ToughNet TN-G6500 Series M12 managed Ethernet switches are designed for railway applications, including rolling stock and wayside installations. The switches use M12 and other circular connectors to ensure tight, robust connections, and guarantee reliable operation in industrial environments where vibration and shock are commonplace. The TN-G6500 Series Ethernet switches provide 12 Gigabit Ethernet M12 ports; 8 ports support IEEE 802.3at/af compliant PoE functionality. These PoE switches are classified as power source equipment (PSE); they provide up to 30 watts of power per port, and can be used to power IEEE 802.3at/af compliant powered devices (PDs), such as IP cameras, wireless access points, and IP phones.
The TN-G6500 Series has push-pull M12 connectors that are tailor-made for push-pull cables in order to facilitate quick installation, and also allow M12 rotary cables to be utilized. The 24 to 110 VDC wide power input range and isolated dual-power inputs not only allow you to use the same type of power source at different sites around the globe, but also increase the reliability of your communications system. Furthermore, the -40 to 70°C operating temperature and IP67-rated enclosure allow deployment in harsh environments. The TN-G6512 Series Ethernet switches are compliant with the essential sections of the EN 50155 standard, covering operating temperature, power input voltage, surge, ESD, vibration, power isolation, and includes a model with conformal coating to ensure suitability for a variety of industrial applications.