- Over 700 kbps data throughput for top performance
- 128-byte FIFO and on-chip H/W, S/W flow control
- Universal PCI compatible with 3.3/5 V PCI and PCI-X
- 921.6 kbps maximum baudrate for fast data transmission
- Drivers provided for a broad selection of operating systems, including Windows and Linux
- Easy maintenance with built-in LEDs
- Wide-temperature model available for -40 to 85°C environments
MOXA's CP-114UL series of multiport serial boards are designed to be used by industrial automation system integrators for long distance, multi-point, PC-based data acquisition applications. On-chip Automatic Data Direction Control for precision RS485 communication requires precise timing control to enable and disable the line driver. The Moxa Turbo Serial Engine chip that powers the CP-114UL boards come with on-chip ADDC, which makes RS485 as easy to use as RS232. In RS485 mode, the serial port can connect up to 31 daisy-chained RS485 devices within a range of 1.2 km. For long distance RS485 communication, 2 KV optical isolation protection models are available to prevent equipment damage.