- Simple solution for connecting serial devices to a network
- Secure operation modes for Real COM, TCP Server, TCP Client, Pair Connection, Terminal and Reverse Terminal
- Any Baudrate supported with high precision
- Choice of network medium: 10/100BaseTX or 100BaseFX
- Automatic RS-485 data direction control with Moxa's patented ADDC
- Port buffers for storing serial data when the Ethernet is off-line
- SD slot for expansion of port buffer memory
The 2-port NPort 6250 device servers use the SSL and SSH protocols to transmit encrypted serial data over Ethernet. Models are available for connecting to a 10/100BaseTX copper Ethernet or 100BaseTX fiber network. Both single-mode and multi-mode fiber are supported. Moxa NPort 6250 device servers help guarantee reliability byproviding users with secure serial-to-Ethernet data transmission and a customer-oriented hardware design. If the Ethernet connection fails, Moxa NPort 6250 will queue all serial data in its internal 64 KB port buffer. When the Ethernet connection is re-established, Moxa NPort 6250 will immediately release all data in the buffer in the order that it was received. Users can increase the port buffer size by installing a SD card.