Features and Benefits
- Redundant 12 to 48 VDC power inputs
- Less than 50 ms controller empowered Turbo Roaming
- Supported models: AWK-RTG series
- Compliant with essential sections of EN 50155
- IEEE 802.11i-compliant wireless security
- DIN-rail or wall mounting for onsite installation
- Operating temperature range from -40 to 75C (T model)
The objective of zero-latency-roaming is to create networks that maintain communications seamlessly as clients move from one access point to another. For this, as a part of the AWK-RTG series, Moxa has introduced the WAC-1001 with Controller-based Turbo Roaming technology, a wireless access controller that can achieve less than 50 ms roaming on three channels.
This advanced roaming capability securely hands off clients at speeds so high that wireless clients may roam between APs almost seamlessly, with virtually no interruption in connectivity. Moxa WAC-1001 is suitable for use even in demanding environments, meeting the essential sections of EN 50155 that cover operating temperature, power input voltage, surge, ESD and vibration for railway applications.