Goods sold by TNS Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (hereafter refers to as TNS) are warranted from manufacturing defects starting from the date of delivery for a period of 1 year.
Product warranties remain valid provided the product was properly installed and used. Defects, malfunctions, or failures of the warranted product caused by damage resulting from acts of God (such as floods, fire, etc.), environmental and atmospheric disturbances, other external forces such as power line disturbances, host computer malfunction, plugging the board in under power, or incorrect cabling, and damage caused by misuse, abuse, and unauthorized alteration or repair, are not warranted. A product will not be warranted in the following situations:
- The product is damaged beyond repair due to natural disasters, such as by lightning, flood, earthquake, etc.
- The product has been subjected to misuse, abuse, or unauthorized repair, whether by accident or other cause. Such conditions will be determined by TNS at its sole and unfettered discretion.
- Any removed, blemished or impaired warranty stickers
- The product has been updated, reworked, or improperly tested by the customer, or by a third party at the request of the customer.
- The warranty for customized and ODM products are excluded from this policy. In this case, warranties are limited to the warranty provided by the original manufacturer of the accessory. Examples of such products and accessories are power adaptors and cables.
- The product in question is either software, or an expendable item, such as a fuse, battery, etc
- The product has been found to be defective after the warranty period has expired.
This warranty is limited to the repair and/or replacement, at TNS sole discretion, of the defective product during its warranty period. The customer agrees to insure the product or assume the risk of loss or damage during transit, to prepay shipping charges, and to use the original shipping container or equivalent.
Repaired or replaced products are warranted for thirty (30) days from the date of repair or replacement, or for the remainder of the original product's warranty period, whichever is longer.
Limitation of Liability
The provisions of the warranty are in lieu of any other warranty, whether expressed or implied, written or oral. TNS liability arising out of the manufacture, sale, or supplying of the product and its use, whether based on warranty, contract, negligence, product liability, or otherwise, shall not exceed the original cost of the product. In no event shall TNS be liable for unintended or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, a loss of profits, data or use damages arising out of the manufacture, sale, or supplying of the product.
2. Returned Goods for Repair after the Warranty Period
There will be a one-time diagnostic and administrative fee on goods returned after the warranty period.
TNS will not proceed any repairing until customers’ approval has been received. Cost for spare parts will be charged separately. Customers will be charged based on actual damage after examining the defective goods. TNS will not proceed any repairing until customers’ acknowledgement has been received. After the repair is done, an invoice will be issued for customer’s acknowledgement and payment. An exception is when the same problem still occur to the repaired goods, customers will not be charged again.
The shipping cost of defective goods to TNS and to factory for repair will be paid in full by the customer.