- Serial device server with 6 or 12 digital IOs
- Links serial and Ethernet devices to an IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n network
- Connects serial/I/O data to the cloud through generic MQTT
- Supports MQTT connection with built-in device SDKs to Azure/Alibaba Cloud
- Supports MQTT connection with TLS and certificate in JSON and Raw data format
- microSD card for configuration backup/duplication and event logs, and data buffering when cloud connection is lost
- Supports repackaging the serial data size (up to 4K) to save the packet numbers that need to be sent to the cloud platform
- Supports redundant dual DC power inputs and 1 relay output
- Secure data access with WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Wireless Client function for flexible integration
- 4 kV serial surge protection
The NPort IA5000A-I/O serial device servers, which have built-in digital I/Os, provide maximum flexibility when you need to integrate serial equipment in the field with an Ethernet network or cloud platform. The cloud-ready device server can communicate with IIoT applications, using generic MQTT or third-party cloud services, such as Azure and Alibaba Cloud. The combination of digital I/Os makes the device servers well-suited for a variety of industrial data acquisition applications. The DI/Os on the device can be controlled over TCP/IP using the Modbus TCP protocol and can be configured and secured from a web browser. The device can also be installed as a COM Port on a Windows/Linux PC to make it compatible with legacy applications.
All models are ruggedly constructed, DIN-rail mountable, and designed with redundant power inputs to ensure uninterrupted operation for industrial applications.